Thursday 7 August 2008

ROMEO & JULIET...William Shakespeare

The story is set in the Italian town of Verona, Romeo and Juliet two teenagers pursue their love for each other despite the fact that their families (Montagues and Capulets) have been enemies for decades.


*Characters
-Capulets
Lord Capulet Patriarch of the house of Capulet.
Lady Capulet Matriarch of the house of Capulet; wishes Juliet to marry Paris.
Juliet Daughter of the Capulets; the female protagonist.
Tybalt Cousin of Juliet, nephew of Lady Capulet.
Nurse
-Montagues
Lord Montague: Patriarch of the house of Montague.
Lady Montague: Matriarch of the house of Montague.
Romeo: Son of the Montagues; the male protagonist.
Benvolio: Cousin and friend of Romeo.
Mercutio: Another kinsman of Prince Escalus; a friend of Romeo.

-QUOTES-

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?Deny thy father and refuse thy name.Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my loveAnd I'll no longer be a Capulet."

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."


"O my love, my wife! Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breathHath had no power yet upon thy beauty."

No comments: